By request here is a brief summary of “Prayers and Meditations of Baha’u’llah” CIII , another amazing meditation on “God” –>
- The heaven of omnipotence and the kingdom of creation are in Thy hand.
- Thou doest, … what Thou pleasest.
- From eternity Thou hast been exalted above the praise of all created things,
- and wilt to eternity remain…
1a. EXISTENCE ITSELF testifieth to
1b. its NON-EXISTENCE when face to face with the manifold revelations of Thy transcendent oneness,
2a. EVERY CREATED THING confesseth, by its very nature,
2b. its NOTHINGNESS when compared with the sacred splendors of the light of Thy unity.
- Thou hast, in Thyself, been independent of any one besides Thee and rich enough, in Thine own essence, to dispense with any one except Thy Self.
- Every description by which they who adore Thy unity describe Thee, and every praise wherewith they who are devoted unto Thee praise Thee, are but the traces of the pen which the fingers of Thy strength and power have set in motion—fingers whose movement is controlled by the arm of Thy decree—the arm itself animated by the potency of Thy might.
Thy glory beareth me witness! How can I, aware as I am of this truth, hope to befittingly make mention of Thee and celebrate Thy praise? Howsoever I describe Thee, whichever of Thy virtues I recount, I cannot but blush and feel ashamed of what my tongue hath uttered or my pen written.
1a. The QUINTESSENCE of KNOWLEDGE, O my Lord,
1b. proclaimeth its POWERLESSNESS TO KNOW Thee,
2a. PERPLEXITY, in its very soul,
2b. confesseth its BEWILDERMENT in the face of the revelations of Thy sovereign might,
3a. REMEMBRANCE, in its inmost spirit,
3b. acknowledgeth its FORGETFULNESS and EFFACEMENT before the manifestations of Thy signs and the evidences of Thy praise.
- What, then, can this poor creature hope to achieve, and to what cord must this wretched soul cling?
- I beseech Thee… by Thy Name through which
2a. the cry of every SUPPLIANT
2b. hath ASCENDED into the heaven of Thy transcendent holiness,
3a. through which every SEEKER
3b. hath SOARED to the sublimities of Thy unity and grandeur,
4a. through which the IMPERFECT
4b. have been PERFECTED,
5a. and the ABASED
6a. and the tongue of every STAMMERER
7a. and the SICK
7b. made WHOLE,
8a. and whatever was UNWORTHY of Thy highness and BESEEMED NOT Thy greatness and Thy sovereignty
8b. made ACCEPTABLE unto Thee,—
I beseech Thee to aid us by Thine invisible hosts and by a company of the angels of Thy Cause.
Do Thou, then, accept the works we have performed for love of Thee, and for the sake of Thy pleasure.
Cast us not away, O my God, from the door of Thy mercy, and break not our hopes in the wonders of Thy grace and favors.
Our limbs, our members, O my Lord, bear witness to Thy unity and oneness. Send down upon us Thy strength and power, that we may become steadfast in Thy Faith and may aid Thee among Thy servants. Illumine our eyes, O my Lord, with the effulgence of Thy beauty, and enlighten our hearts with the splendors of Thy knowledge and wisdom. Write us up, then, with those who have fulfilled their pledge to Thy Covenant in Thy days, and who, through their love for Thee, have detached themselves from the world and all that is therein.
Powerful art Thou to do what Thou pleasest. No God is there beside Thee, the All-Powerful, the Omniscient, the Supreme Ruler, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting.